Friday, June 24, 2011

Alright folks...

Hey bud.  How's it going?  Within these pages I will review movies on a revolutionary new scale.  It's a little scale that I consider kind of a bastard child of baseball's Sabermetrics and Siskel and Ebert's thumb system.  I present to you - How Does Your Movie Compare to Major League.  We can all agree that Major League is probably the best movie ever put to film. Citizen Kane?  Pfffft.  Shawshank?  Not bad.  The Godfather?  I wouldn't kick it out of bed. Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story?  That one is actually amazing.  Are any of these Major League?  The long and short answer to this question is NO.  THEY ARE NOT.

With all that being said - I present the scale:

1-3 out of 10 - I'd Rather Be Watching Major League
4-6 out of 10 - Decent, But I'd Still Rather Be Watching Major League
7-8 out of 10 - I'd Probably Pause Major League To Watch This Shit
9-10 out of 10 - I'd Take Major League Out Of My DVD Player And Actually Put It Back In The Case And Watch This Whole Movie Without Major League Breaks Or Uttering "How's Your Wife And My Kids?".

So stay tuned for upcoming reviews.  At this point I won't have any particular system for reviews - it will just be what I watch and feel like reviewing.  It will probably be mostly newer releases but I'll try and throw in some classics here and there.  If anyone wants to request a review of a movie I hopefully haven't seen yet, feel free to contact me.  Make Roger Dorn proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment