Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sucker Punch (2011)


Title: Sucker Punch
Director: Zack Snyder (300, Dawn of the Dead, The Watchmen)
Starring: Emily Browning, Jena Malone, Vanessa Hudgens (ugh.)

First let me start off by saying I am legitimately ashamed of myself for watching anything with Vanessa Hudgens in it.  Also let me say that I didn't even watch this whole movie.  As soon as the Step It Up in 3D style dance scenes started I was just like "I'm outties!".  I remember seeing the trailer for this movie last year and thinking "what the fuck is this garbage?" as it was playing and then realizing it was the new Zack Snyder movie.  At that point I figured I'd give it a chance since I really liked - no I take that back - LOVED The Watchmen movie.  I also really enjoyed his Dawn of the Dead remake and 300 was totally watchable.  Normally I'm not into the movies shot entirely in front of a blue screen but if anyone pulls it off decently its Zack Snyder.  Jena Malone has also been known to RULE.  With that being said - this movie fucking sucked.  It made Major League 3: Back To The Minors look like Metropolis or Full Metal Jacket.  No joke.  I don't even know what else to say about this travesty besides the fact I'd rather watch the scrolling end credits to Major League for 2 hours than this piece of shit.

Rating 1/10


No comments:

Post a Comment